YCAR New Member Information
We are pleased that you have chosen to make application for membership in the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS® (YCAR).
You are also joining the proud ranks of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, a distinguished organization of over 1,000,000 members, the nation’s largest professional trade association and “The Voice For Real Estate”.
To maintain REALTOR® status in the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS®, a new applicant must complete specific membership requirements within 90 days from their date of application.
All new member candidates receive temporary provisional membership and must attend an Orientation class at the YCAR association office within the 90 day period referred to above.
All new member candidates must also complete an online CRIS MLS New Member Orientation presentation of an overview of the Centralized Real Estate Information Services (CRIS), CRIS Rules & Regulations and the MLS system. (Note: As per CRIS Rules & Regulations, a new CRIS user who fails to complete this orientation within ninety (90) days after access has been provided to the service will be fined $100.00)
Some of the items on the agenda for the YCAR orientation class are: an explanation of the advantages, benefits and responsibilities of being a REALTOR®; association services; continuing education requirements; an overview of the association’s committees; fair housing; legislative update, RPAC, (REALTORS® Political Action Committee); Association and lockbox rules, Professional Standards procedures and the Code of Ethics.
At the conclusion of your orientation, the YCAR President will conduct your induction ceremony where you will receive your REALTOR® pledge, pin and membership card.
Check YCAR.org for the next scheduled New Member Orientation. Orientation runs from 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
Please call the Membership Coordinator at the association office at (330) 788-7026 to confirm your attendance.
Please bring your Membership Directory containing the bylaws, policies and rules and regulation of the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS® with you to this class.
If a new candidate obtains provisional membership in the association and does not complete the membership requirements within 90 days from their date of application, all association services and REALTOR® membership will be suspended.
90 DAY TEMPORARY REALTOR® MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURES
The new membership procedures of the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS® reduces the time required to achieve REALTOR® status and also provides candidates for membership with comprehensive association/MLS services on a TEMPORARY basis.
Temporary is defined as a maximum 90 day period beginning with the date of licensing by the Ohio Division of Real Estate.
TO ACQUIRE ASSOCIATION SERVICES ON A TEMPORARY BASIS A CANDIDATE MUST:
1) Complete and return an application form with a copy of license attached within 30 days from the date of licensing by the Ohio Division of Real Estate;
2) Pay $125.00 application fee to the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS®;
3) Pay local dues (prorated from the first day of the month of licensing); state and national dues (prorated from the first day of the quarter of licensing);
4) Pay a $25.00 application fee to the Ohio Association of REALTORS®;
5) Pay applicable fees for CRIS (MLS) if your broker is a Participant.
TO OBTAIN REALTOR® STATUS A CANDIDATE MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS WITHIN 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF LICENSING:
1) Complete the steps outlined above for temporary status;
2) Have association staff verify that application is property completed;
3) Applicant’s name must be noticed to the current members by being published online at www.ycar.org
4) Fifteen (15) days after the candidate’s name appears online at www.ycar.org, if no objections are filed by the current members, the candidate shall be recommended for full membership and REALTOR® status to the Board of Directors of the Youngstown Columbiana Association of REALTORS®;
5) It is MANDATORY for applicant to attend a New Member Orientation class.
If a candidate obtains temporary membership, but does not complete the required steps for full membership within 90 days from the date of licensing, all association services will be withdrawn.